maandag 2 juni 2008

canada : vancouver

Hello everybody,

My first english message of this trip.
Saturday i arrived well here in Vancouver. I had a pleasant fligth where i met Francesca and Marco. An italian couple that also travels to Vancouverisland and Alaska. We had a nice conversation and i made some new friends. I hope that i one day can honour their offer to let me stay in Milan. Francesca and Marco, if you ever come to Belgium, you are very wellcome in my house.

After we said goodbye, i went all wrong for me. My one piece off lugage and my bicycle were nowhere to be seen. Pretty fast i learned that one of them was still in Frankfurt but they didnit know which and the other was one big question.
On sunday i called and they told me that the piece in Frankfurt would arrive on Monday. In the afternoon i heard that my bagage was found and that they will bring it here. I am waiting for it now and they have only 50 minutes left so thums up please. So it was my bicycle that was left in Frankfurt and hopefully it arrives today and after that they will call to ask when they can deliver it.

Right now i am also bying some equipment for my trip. I thought i would be cheaper here but i havent found any bargains yet.

The better news is that i met Linda, an canadian born cyclist, and she has given me a few tips. Unfortunately she didnit cycled the areas that i will but it was still interesting.
Tonight i see Sandra. She is from the Netherlands but lives here and cycles also. Maybe i will meet Liesbeth also a cyclist and from the Netherlands. Both are friends from Ivo who i met in Russia a couple years ago. I think i will be very interesting.


So this is it for now. I like it when you react on these messages. Any advice, tips or sympathy is very appriciated.


many greetings,

nico

Geen opmerkingen: